Few days ago Microsoft Dynamics CRM Product Management team released a set of demo data for Dynamics CRM 2011 Online.

This it contains more sample data than default on-premise data so I wondered if it can be imported to on-premise version. the answer - with just a bit of tweaking it can!

Here are the steps:

• Download sample data and demo scripts
  • Unzip Admin-1.zip and open Users.xml in Excel
  • Create all users from Users.xml in your domain
  • Change the domain in “User Name” column in Users.xml file to match your domain name
  • Create new organization
  • Create USD currency if this isn’t your default currency
  • Import Admin-1.zip and ignore error about Users.xml
  • Import fixed Users.xml file
  • Follow instructions on blog post for the rest of the files…

Don’t forget to go through the demo scripts and explore the data.

Posted on Monday, June 27, 2011 2:02 PM | Filed under: MS Dynamics CRM |

# re: Better demo data for Dynamics CRM 2011 [CRM] 10/1/2011 9:32 PM Dan
Good to know that they have actually released the latest demo data for Dynamics CRM and it does have more sample data than the default on-premise data. I have been looking forward to it and some amazon alternative . Is there any structural difference between both? I think most of the people are better used with the on-premise version. So it would be great if we could import the additional data-types of the new one to the on-premise one. I hope this works.

# re: Better demo data for Dynamics CRM 2011 [CRM] 1/25/2012 6:51 AM Prilosec dosage
I read the topic and the topic is very useful for me.I want to have little more detail on it.

# re: Better demo data for Dynamics CRM 2011 [CRM] 2/5/2012 11:57 AM halcion

# re: Better demo data for Dynamics CRM 2011 [CRM] 2/11/2012 11:08 AM nephrogenic systemic fibrosis
I think most of the people are better used with the on-premise version. So it would be great if we could import the additional data-types of the new one to the on-premise one. So it would be great if we could import the additional data-types of the new one to the on-premise one.I want to have little more detail on it.

# re: Better demo data for Dynamics CRM 2011 [CRM] 2/15/2012 4:27 PM side effects of omeprazole
Is there any structural difference between both? I think most of the people are better used with the on-premise version. So it would be great if we could import the additional data-types of the new one to the on-premise one.I want to have little more detail on it.

# re: Better demo data for Dynamics CRM 2011 [CRM] 2/21/2012 10:29 AM Grants for Veterans
Thanks for nice post. The post is pretty interesting. hanks for the information for me.Thanks a lot.