Few days ago Microsoft Dynamics CRM Product Management team released a set of demo data for Dynamics CRM 2011 Online.
This it contains more sample data than default on-premise data so I wondered if it can be imported to on-premise version. the answer - with just a bit of tweaking it can!
Here are the steps:
- Download sample data and demo scripts
- Unzip Admin-1.zip and open Users.xml in Excel
- Create all users from Users.xml in your domain
- Change the domain in “User Name” column in Users.xml file to match your domain name
- Create new organization
- Create USD currency if this isn’t your default currency
- Import Admin-1.zip and ignore error about Users.xml
- Import fixed Users.xml file
- Follow instructions on blog post for the rest of the files…
Don’t forget to go through the demo scripts and explore the data.