If you go to gdgt you can download compiled version of Chrome OS pre-release in shape of virtual machine.

Don’t expect too much, since it’s quite unstable, slow and it freezes a lot. If I didn’t miss anything it’s just Chrome browser that boots on it’s own. So, it’s far from XP/Vista/7 killer for now.

image

So what would you rather do? Read more about Crome OS or try for yourself?

Here are quick instructions for running Chrome OS in VirtualBox:

• Download and install VirtualBox or upgrade to latest version if you have it installed. If you have VMware, even better.
  • Download Chrome OS VMware image (don’t bother with VirtualBox image, it doesn’t work for many and it didn’t work for me).
  • Create new machine and
    • attach existing VMDK image as primary hard drive,
    • give it 1 GB of RAM,
    • leave network as it is (NAT),
    • give video card more RAM, I simply went with max - 128 MB.
  • Boot it! It should be up in seconds.
    • If you get “wrong password” error message, remember that you have US keyboard!
    • If you get “no network” error message, turn network off/on, reboot and it will eventually start working.
Posted on Friday, November 20, 2009 10:13 PM | Filed under: Software System Internet |

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 7/26/2010 8:18 AM Mhunter
actually I tried this as well and it didn’t work out for me. but I’ll definitely give that another shot… well, lets see if there is a happy end for my project, too. I’ll keep you posted about the result

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 10/26/2010 12:17 PM paper writing
As for me it works perfectly! Really the easiest way to use it in Chrome browser - fast enough!

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 3/24/2011 3:35 PM Sat
I love google chrome. Has the functionality and the speed. It'm really happy I can use it on VM now.

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 4/3/2011 5:40 AM Regenerect
Chrome has really changed the way I browse the web. It's so much faster than any other browser, hands down. The privacy options allow me to surf with no fear of data collection as well.

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 4/12/2011 4:54 AM Peças
thanks for posting !!!

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 4/12/2011 12:07 PM kakon
Fortuitously, I am here once more as I considered I have forgotten everything. Now, I am jolly much felicitous to delight your new attitudes and fantastic thoughts on the matters. Here my fellowship is conjoining reading me.

car insurance michigan

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 5/19/2011 6:19 PM Acompanhantes
yea, lets see if there is a happy end for my project, too. I’ll keep you posted about the result , THANKS !!!

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 6/7/2011 7:52 PM Ar Condicionado

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 6/12/2011 6:03 PM Acompanhantes
Has the functionality and the speed. It'm really happy I can use it on VM now.

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 10/15/2011 12:33 PM bankruptcy attorney san diego
Google chrome is the best I ever seen.Personally I like it very much.

# mobile games free download 10/22/2011 1:23 AM mobile games free download
Valuable information for all. And of course nice review about the application. It contains truly information. Your website is very useful. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more!

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 11/4/2011 8:19 AM san antonio dentists
To tell the truth I am very impressed by what you said. You share a ton of interesting information, neat and excellent design you have here. This is certainly one of the most instructive tips on this subject I have ever read.

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 11/21/2011 5:06 PM glass fused tanks
I think this is a wonderfull thing to do. I am so glad that the troops will be enjoying something in the midst of war. I would however like to remind you that there is also a war being fought in Afganistan and I am sure that those soldiers would appreciate some recognition as well.

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 12/13/2011 6:02 AM houston dentist
First I must tell you we appreciate the great and informative entry.Need to admit that I never learned about this review, I noticed many new facts, in my opinion. God bless you for sharing this information useful and interesting and I also will probably anticipate other interesting posts you closer to the inside future.keep.

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 12/14/2011 1:21 PM Austin Laptop Repair
It's a great news. I am so happy to have come through this news. I was waiting for Chrome OS for a long time. Glad to have come through this topic.

# Roller Coaster Video 12/23/2011 5:19 PM Rollercoaster rush
Looking for statistics on the fastest, tallest or longest roller coasters? Find it all and much more with the interactive Roller Coaster Database. 1000s of Roller Coaster Videos for your viewing pleasure. New videos added daily.

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 12/24/2011 5:57 PM san antonio dentist
Great stuff of your stuff, man. I’ve read your stuff before and you’re too awesome. I enjoy what you’ve got here, love what you’re saying and exactly how you say it. You create it entertaining but you just seem to ensure that is stays smart. I can’t wait to see more of your stuff. This is really a fantastic blog.

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 1/5/2012 8:07 AM car insurance agents pa
Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 1/16/2012 9:54 AM Mallorca property
I will try it for sure and I will be back with a review. I am sure that I will be impressed.

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 1/25/2012 6:21 AM Prilosec dosage

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 2/6/2012 4:24 PM dentist in houston
This is really stunning work.I have no clue about google chrome before coming here.Now I have learn some serious important thing from here.

# re: Yes, you CAN try Google Chrome OS today! 2/14/2012 4:51 PM san antonio cosmetic dentists
Very very impressive!! This blog is really worth reading. It’s really great when you suddenly come across some thing very useful and defined.