I had one of those days that I wish I was a carpenter, not a software developer.

Microsoft Word 2007 started to behave super strange as I could use my mouse to navigate and select a text but I could use keyboard. It was like that for a week now, but I didn't need Word much, so I waited patently for problem to automagically disappear. I tried to search, but it isn't so simple to search for such a generic problem.

But it just wouldn't go away I really needed Word to work today. After another hour lost coworker gave me a tip - disable Sysbase PowerDesigner Word add-in that is automatically installed and it works again. Hooray!

And yes, once you know what to search for, there are plenty solutions for this problem out there.

Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 4:17 PM | Filed under: Software |

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 1/22/2008 5:18 PM PRiMoZ
I also have problem with Word 2007. I just can't start it anymore. Splash screen is shown and then nothing happens. Probably it is something with local user settings, because under different user works ok.

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 1/22/2008 9:34 PM Imantu
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 1/3/2009 9:27 PM Vazy
Great tip, thank you, I was already desperate...

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 1/18/2009 1:06 PM amer
check the add-ons for winword, remove the unnecessary ones.

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 4/21/2009 11:19 AM lindsay macvean
that is great, you are now at the top of the search listing for the first search query I typed in, so you have changed the world.

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 9/11/2009 8:05 AM liztimes
I've been trying to delete my add-ins but once i get to word options I have no way of clicking on the Add-ins button so i can't check or change the settings. Does anyone know how i do this? I guess the problem is so bad it won't even let me to this. I really have to clue of what else to do....(!)

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 9/14/2009 7:53 AM hannah
I also am having this problem and i can not click on add ins to see if i can remove or edit anything. There has to be a way around this problem. But i have never downloaded any add ins so i dont see how this could be the issue

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 9/15/2009 3:15 PM araba oyunları
Thanks !! very helpful plugin. Does anyone know how i do this? I guess the problem is so bad it won't even let me to this. I really have to clue of what else to do..

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 9/24/2009 7:44 AM eviljellydonuts
T-T Just when I have a big essay to write the night before it is due this happens to me. . . Godamn i'm unlucky.
I'll search aroud for this 'Sysbase PowerDesigner' but I as well cannot seem to navigate to the add-ins page with my keyboard.

Damn you Fate.

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 11/4/2009 3:47 PM Matt
Same for me as eviljellydonuts...
I can't navigate the word options dialog box with my mouse or keyboard. Wow, this is a major catch-22.

# Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 11/19/2009 3:49 AM javillavona
Is there any way to fix this? I can't go over the add-ins either, it won't let me click that option.

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 2/9/2010 5:55 PM Adam
Had the same issue of not being able to click the add-on button in the menu.
To resolve this problem, delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Data registry subkey. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Exit all Office programs.
2. Click Start
Collapse this imageExpand this image
the Start button
, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

Collapse this imageExpand this image
User Account Control permission
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Data
4. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes.
5. Exit Registry Editor.
6. Restart Word.

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 3/15/2010 9:20 PM Grace
WOW. that helped so much thanks!!!!

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 4/2/2010 9:59 AM Iv
Damn this worked! I wonder how it got there and screwed up.

Works fine now.

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 4/4/2010 7:48 PM JP
Thank God. People like you keep my hair from going gray.

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 7/19/2010 9:15 AM chong
you are my fkn hero .

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 8/17/2010 7:57 PM molotsi
wow, thanks the regedit tip worked perfectly...

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 9/5/2010 11:53 AM Mehenna
Thanks very much, this helped me to solve what I thought it was a big problem

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 10/9/2010 5:18 PM Surf KEen
Many thanks, spent ages trying to find the solution - wish I came here first!! It works !!

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 8/6/2011 5:45 PM Brad
Thanks! The registry solution solved my problem too!

# re: Can't click on anything in document in Word 2007 10/21/2011 12:13 PM ertretr
terterter