imageWhen I tried to install my old Logitech QuickCam Messenger on laptop running Windows Vista it found 2 out of 3 drivers. I downloaded latest QuickCam software from Logitech and installed it but that didn't help. I still couldn't use the camera.

Fortunately there is a hack to use Windows XP driver and my problem was solved.

Instructions: Trick to Use Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows Vista

Technorati tags: , , , ,
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 11:07 PM | Filed under: Gadgets |

# Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows Vista 11/2/2007 12:00 AM Windows Vista News
Did you see this post at vidmar.net

# re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows Vista 11/23/2007 9:52 PM Sam
Hi,
I installed the drivers for a LOGITECH QUICKCAM MESSENGER webcam and when I am on msn and starting a video call it doesn't detect sound but when I do the sound check and do a video... the sound is fine!!

# re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows Vista 11/25/2007 3:09 AM leonel troncoso
no coment

# re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows Vista 2/19/2008 1:16 AM arthur wilcox
i have a quickcammessenger that i purchase quit some time ago but i lose everthing that was downloaded on my computer,as well as quickcam installation,and now i have aproblem as i can't find my disc to re-install logitech quickcam messenger back on my computer,is there any way that you could send me in the right direction on how to go about this problem?..............thanks hope to hear from you soon

# re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows Vista 6/6/2008 11:57 PM virginia
when am chatting and i send an invitation to my pals it is not responding even the mic what should i do

# re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows Vista 6/10/2008 9:27 PM paulin
i bought a quickcam messenger but i can install the soft ware on my vindow vista when i stay to install he say this version can not work with vista but i install the driver bu the can is not working what can i do
thank

# re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows Vista 6/22/2008 1:45 AM loi
Good

# re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows Vista 8/21/2008 3:57 AM Henry Dehey
I am trying t install Logitech webcam on my Tosiba laptop (Saterllite A135 S2386

I tried to install Logitecch QuickCam Express on my Toshba laptop (Satellite A135 S2386, upgraded to Home Premium. But it does not work! What to do?

# re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows Vista 1/11/2009 4:37 PM ciuchilan catalin
its ok.

# re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows Vista 1/31/2009 1:27 PM Dimitry Surov
It's a pity that it's not a driver in the official web-site Logitech. I have Win. Wista SP1 and I cannot instal and can't force my webcam to work..

# re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows Vista 3/21/2009 9:20 PM mary
I have window vista desk top SP1 pc. and i cannot install logitech quick cam 8.4.6. on it. What is the problem? Can u please help?Would appreciate it very much. Thanking you

# re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows Vista 4/6/2009 10:57 AM sam234
its fucked

# re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows Vista 5/13/2009 6:50 AM logitechsucks
it will only work for Vista 32 bit.

it will not work for 64bit because there are no xp 64bit drivers

# re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows Vista 1/11/2010 9:08 PM ben10
Thank you everyone for comments.

# re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows Vista 1/11/2010 9:14 PM food games
Officially, older batch and most of the Logitech QuickCam Messenger is not supported and not compatible with Windows Vista, although you may misleading believe otherwise as QuickCam 10.5 software supports Vista is provided for free download. However, in most of the case, except Logitech QuickCam Messenger with P/N no. of 861225 and USB/PID of 08DA will fail in installation during the webcam setup, where Vista unable to detect the webcam even though you have inserted the webcam.

# re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows 7ultimati 5/1/2010 5:56 PM luis mario
actualizar e instalar logitechcammessenger

# re: Logitech QuickCam Messenger in Windows Vista 2/17/2012 11:25 PM ACE
Logitech SUCKS for that, instead of telling people to get a new webcam they need to have there software Engineers fix the problem, its not our fault its there's and they need to STAND BY THERE PRODUCT AND FIX IT, we shouldn't have to search though out the internet for fixes or a solution to work, they know that they have a problem and should fix the PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!