Weekly overview of page I recently bookmarked.
In previous episode: Links of the week #2 (week 36/07)

Development

• CouchDB - GPL licensed distributed document database system with bi-directional replication. Still in alpha but just reading about this makes me smile. Have to keep an eye on this project, I'm 100% it will come in handy sooner or later.
  • PowerTab - Incredible intellisense for PowerShell. Pops up text mode completion lists. Turbo Vision is back!
  • SVN.net - .NET bindings for Subversion. All my SVN related utilities so far are just calling "svn.exe".
  • SQLQueryStress - This should be pretty cool, so I bookmarked it. Haven't used it yet. Did you, Mladen?

Productivity

Media

• CD Art Display (formerly WinAmp CD Case) - Current song notifier for all popular players with some gorgeous skins. This is second thing I'm setting up tomorrow morning. :)
  • SMPlayer - I use Media Player Classic but I also have VLC at hand since it doesn't need any codecs. This player looks like it could substitute both, but I don't see any portable version I need for my synced toolbox.

Photography

Local stuff

• Policija - Ukradena vozila - Stolen vehicles database. Ouch. Good news is that car model I currently drive has never been reported stolen in Slovenia. Yet. Let's hope mine will not be first.

Posted on Sunday, September 16, 2007 10:43 PM | Filed under: Links of the week |

# re: Links of the week #3 (week 37/07) 9/16/2007 11:32 PM CypherBit
Please try to keep this Links of the week a regular thing.

As for SMPlayer, I use Portable VLC on my USB and have tried pretty much all versions of MPlayer, until I settled on KMPlayer (http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/index.php).

Do let me know how you like it compared to VLC, MPlayer.

# re: Links of the week #3 (week 37/07) 9/17/2007 12:56 AM CaqKa
Nothing special for me this week.
yes keep it up :)

# re: Links of the week #3 (week 37/07) 9/17/2007 8:35 AM Bojan Vrhovnik
quite interesting, what shortcuts database can offer...nevermind...good job.. :)

# re: Links of the week #3 (week 37/07) 9/17/2007 9:26 AM gabr
Great, great thanks for the Outlook link!

# re: Links of the week #3 (week 37/07) 9/17/2007 10:17 AM Mladen
no i haven't used it yet :))

wasn't there a feature in outlook, that you could cancel a sent mail that would get deleted in the inbox of the receiver?
but this only worked uf the receiver had also an exchange account?

# re: Links of the week #3 (week 37/07) 9/17/2007 10:21 AM David
@Mladen: Report back if you test SQLQueryStress.

You can recall a message in Outlook, yes. Double click a message in your "sent" folder and find "Recall message" under actions.

# re: Links of the week #3 (week 37/07) 9/19/2007 2:36 PM tomaz
For the Outlook I think there is a better solution which I'm using for some time now and it rescued me many many times.

You go under Tools - Options - Mail Setup tab and in the Send/Receive section you uncheck "Send immediately when connected". Then you press the button next to this and you set up Schedule an automatic send/receive every XY minutes. Now you have XY minutes before mail goes out.

Ok. You don't get new mail immediately, but the delay of, let say 3 minutes that I'm using, isn't worth to mention.

# re: Links of the week #3 (week 37/07) 9/19/2007 3:14 PM David
Tnx, Tomaž. Why do you find this better than rule?

# re: Links of the week #3 (week 37/07) 9/24/2007 3:15 PM tomaz
Hm. Why... I'm not quite shure. I think it's more logical. In my mind delaying the delivery has more to do with send/receive then with rules. But hey, that's just me. Perhaps "better" was too strong word. I agree.

# re: Links of the week #3 (week 37/07) 9/24/2007 3:19 PM David
You have a point with rules not being clean solution, yes.