After more than 3 and a half years with Cogitation skin, it was time for a change. So I dusted off a port of free GenericBlue skin from Free CSS Templates, upgraded SubText and ported my customizations and made the jump. My new skin is intentionally similar to old one, but it's little less "20th century".

Top two changes are:

• search (look in the right to corner),
  • three columns instead of two for more info.

What do you think? See a bug? Let me know!

Before:

Bite my bytes - old

After:

Bite my bytes - new

PS: After I polish this a bit, I'll post it to SubText skins gallery.

UPDATE: Rolled back to old skin. Tnx to CaqKa for spotting the trouble. My skins looks like $%#! in IE6. Damn you, IE6.

Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:33 PM | Filed under: Developement Blogging Internet |

# re: Changed the skin and upgraded SubText 8/26/2007 10:37 PM Mladen
Nice!
I'm so going to steal it :))
is search a google one or custom made?

# re: Changed the skin and upgraded SubText 8/26/2007 10:38 PM David
It's Subtexts search.

# re: Changed the skin and upgraded SubText 8/26/2007 10:42 PM Mladen
cool.

is it any better than the google one?

# re: Changed the skin and upgraded SubText 8/26/2007 11:29 PM David
Yeah, it's better. It's database search, so all your posts are searchable. Google is google, it decides what you get and what you don't...

# re: Changed the skin and upgraded SubText 8/27/2007 3:14 PM jew
it is much nicer now. it easier to read the when the text is in the center and not all over the place.

# re: Changed the skin and upgraded SubText 8/28/2007 8:59 AM CaqKa
your new design doesnt work good on ie6

sredinski stolpec ti flikne čisto na levo.. ponekod (če recimo ofnaš arhiv) pa se zadeva še totalno v levo noter vsipa da manjka po nekaj črk, hkrati pa ni vodoravnega skrolerja.

# re: Changed the skin and upgraded SubText 8/28/2007 9:16 PM CaqKa
i would first try to make some adjustmentst to the css, rather than puting back old style... ;)

# re: Changed the skin and upgraded SubText 8/28/2007 9:20 PM CaqKa
the guys over at slotech could help with it:

# re: Changed the skin and upgraded SubText 8/29/2007 7:34 AM David
Sure I'll try to fix it. Just give me couple of days... I will not give up. Tnx fot the tips. :)

# re: Changed the skin and upgraded SubText 8/29/2007 11:17 AM Mladen
whoever said you should use divs for aligning had to be insane.
tables still rule!

# re: Changed the skin and upgraded SubText 8/29/2007 8:52 PM CaqKa
tables are meant for tabulat data not for designing!
using tables often makes sites look awful on small devices like pda or phone.

# Nice JavaScript syntax highlighter 8/29/2007 11:21 PM Bite my bytes
Nice JavaScript syntax highlighter

# GenericBlue skin for SubText posted on SubTextSkins 9/3/2007 9:29 PM Bite my bytes
GenericBlue skin for SubText posted on SubTextSkins

# re: Changed the skin and upgraded SubText 2/21/2011 10:21 AM hiepdh
Giao diện này hay quá, có thể download ở đâu được nhỉ ?

Thanks and Best Regards