If you missed the news - little over a week ago Canon released updated firmware for 400D/XTi to 1.1.0 exactly 3 months after release of version 1.0.5.
According to Canon there are only two new things in this release:
- Adds support for the new Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) USB protocol.
- Corrects errors in the Simplified Chinese menu screens.
I don't use Chinese menus and have no idea why I would need MTP but I upgraded from 1.0.5 today. I just like updating my hardware's software!
The process is simple if you just follow the Canon's instructions:
- Format the CF Card
- Download the firmware update file
- Copy the firmware update file to the CF card
- Start the firmware update
Since there is no hacked firmware for 400D as there was for 300D updating with original firmware is your only way for getting more out of your camera hardware-wise!
Bonus: You might want to grab new version of EOS Utility and Digital Photo Professional, which were also updated this month.