Opera's new feature called "Speed Dial" has made me look at Opera and forced me to consider switching from Firefox to Opera. With built in features like ad-blocking, mouse gestures and raw speed, Opera is definitely a contender. But old habits die hard... And I'm sticking with Firefox for now.

Especially when there is a speed dial plug-in coming to Firefox. It's still in early stage of development, but it looks promising.

Posted on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 7:19 PM | Filed under: Software Internet |

# re: Speed-dial for Firefox 5/2/2007 9:16 PM Bojan Vrhovnik
Nice feature. Worth trying...guess my VPC will be happy now... :)

# re: Speed Dial for Firefox 5/2/2007 9:36 PM David
VPC?

# re: Speed Dial for Firefox 5/2/2007 11:35 PM mladen
If i'm not mistaken Maxthon had this since i can remember.
you just pressed CTRL and let the mouse wheel roll. :))

# re: Speed Dial for Firefox 5/2/2007 11:41 PM David
I didn't know that. -1 point for Opera. I though they "invented" it. :)

# re: Speed Dial for Firefox 5/3/2007 8:44 AM Bojan Vrhovnik
VPC=Virtual PC .. i try "new stuff" in there, before installing it on working copy of windows

# re: Speed Dial for Firefox 5/3/2007 8:44 AM Bojan Vrhovnik

# re: Speed Dial for Firefox 5/3/2007 8:45 AM David
Ah, now I get it. It's very good if you are this strict to yourself. I'm not. I try to test stuff on secondary and/or virtual machines, but I just cheat...

# re: Speed Dial for Firefox 5/3/2007 10:53 AM Bojan Vrhovnik
Not allways, but after getting a blue screen and spending few hours to get all back in order, i decided to try something new in VPC, before letting my head hurt again :)

# re: Speed Dial for Firefox 5/7/2007 5:31 PM Brian King
There are at least 2 other extensions that do this. The only one I can remember is Tab Catalog:

# re: Speed Dial for Firefox 5/7/2007 6:16 PM David
The one you posted shows open tabs, while "Speed Dial" acts like fast bookmarks.

But they looks very similar, I agree.