Filehippo (a shareware/freeware site that I don't use but I'll be keeping my eye on) release it's own version of update checker. It does everything that Secunia Software Updater and so far I think it does it (even) better.
It's 100kB download, no installation, just .NET 2.0 installed. It dynamically updates it's file list and by default searches default program locations, but other can be easily added. The results are displayed in browser window and new version download just literally one click away. I think I'll keep this baby handy.
Comment of the results from screenshot:
- Judging by the screenshot I'm pretty much up to date.
- I'll update FileZilla in a second, but I don't do that often since too many version come out, but nothing really new happens.
- Foxit Reader really need Auto Update feature.
- Java has auto update, but it didn't detect this. too.
- And Skype too. It's not bug in updater, Skype download page actually lists new build.
- I update ProcessExplorer using my own GetSysinternals but filehippo found a second copy. I cleaned it up.
Oh, and one more thing! I wonder if the program checks for newer version of itself!?