There are some debates around the si-blogoshpere and in my private mail about my intent to sell si.blogs site. And I like that, I asked you to spread the word.
But many questions have popped up so let me start a small FAQ here:
- What’s the price? – I haven’t decided yet. I want your feedback so I can figure out a good starting price for the auction.
- You are not going to get rich. – Ok, this is technically not a question but when spoken it demans a reply. Reply: I know. I’m not selling si.blogs to get rich, but I don’t want to just give it out. Money will prove to me that the buyer has serious intents with the page. If there are more interested parties and the price goes up – fine. I could use some pocket change.
- What if you don’t succeed? – I don’t believe this will happen. So I don’t have a plan.
- Why not make it open source? – si.blogs is not source code. It’s much more than that. It’s a domain, it’s a name, it’s hosting costs it’s daily maintenace work, it’s community. It has to have an owner, a leader of some kind. A manager if you will. So it just would work.
- Don’t sell to that guy! – Put your money where your mouth is!
- Give it to me (for free)! – Again, it’s not a question. It’s a command. So my answer is “no”. Simple as that. Next time ask nicely.
And thanks to everyone for ideas, words of support and I’m glad you like si.blogs!