If I could offer you only one tip for the future, “private e-mail” would be it.
This week only I got two emails from my friends that changed their job. Both notified me that I can reach them on new address. It’s nice only for two reasons:
- now I finally have an excuse to send them long overdue email
- I now that they moved on in their career (and if in Slovenia, probably envy them)
And I still think that’s not the right way to do it. At all.
Please, get your own private e-mail address at yahoo, hotmail or gmail (if you need invitation, let me know) or even, buy your own domain and setup your own server or let a friend host your mailbox. Then, enjoy the benefits:
- separate your private thoughts from professional chores and start to enjoy email
- never again change your private email or at least not every time you quit or get fired
- lower the chance that your boss reads your private mail
- lower the spam count and virus infection probability at your office
- enjoy user friendliness of modern-time email that is usually user-friendlier than corporate mailboxes