I really like finding utilities that help me be more productive. I almost exclusively look for free ones. Just for the sake of it.
But sometimes free is just not good enough. Lately I have registered three pieces of software that are worth their money and I just could live with the free alternatives.
- BlogJet – $39.95 – Small and efficient weblog manager for Windows. I love the image uploading feature and spell checker. Readers know that I need it badly.
- FeedDemon – $29.95 – My first feed aggregators was SharpReader. Then I switched to online tool since I didn’t have one computer that I used for reading blogs and BlogLines was a nice solution. When I got my current laptop I switched back to desktop aggregators, it’s just faster and more convenient. FeedDemon is the best one out there in my opinion and with syncing with Web based NewsGator Online I have the best of both world. In the meantime SharpReader development seemed to have stalled. Too bad.
- PowerArchiver – $19.95 I used PA back in the days when it was free. Then I tried to live with IzArc and ZipGenius but both are slow and just don’t play nice with the rest of the system. PA is fast, knows all the archives I need and it has a steady flow of updates.
Two pieces of shareware that I registered before but stopped using:
- Anapod Explorer – iPod manager. I those day I tried to sync my iPod content but it never worked as I wanted it to work. Then I started using Smart Playlists and Anapod broke them every time. I just use iTunes and drag&drop nowadays.
- Some kind of puzzle software that let you created really nice puzzle from your pictures. Forgot the name so I can’t even search my old mail for registration key. Well, it was fun while it lasted.
What about you? Which developers did you bless with your $?