I have done this more than a year ago, but never published and I’m not sure why. Today is a strange day anyway, so why not do this.

LjRing is a web site that helps you decide which way to turn on Ljubljana ring. Left or right? Which is shorter? And no, it doesn’t take into account the morning traffic jams and accidents. You have to figure out those by yourself.

LjRing

It is very vanilla right now. Test it, report it, help me improve it! If enough people find it useful I’ll invest some of my free time into it.

Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:46 AM | Filed under: Software Developement Internet |

# Re: LjRing beta1 5/10/2006 9:53 AM Andrej Tozon
Cool!
btw: Clicking on any of the exits on the map gets me a javascript error: 'lstOut' is undefined. Running it in IE6...

# re: LjRing beta1 5/10/2006 1:52 PM valem
It might be good to include the speed limits - only a part of ring has the speed limit of 130 km/h, the tunnel and nort side has the limits of 100 km/h and all the crossings have 80 km/h. A simple equation can tell you also which way is faster...

# re: LjRing beta1 5/10/2006 3:45 PM Mitja
And then you should add a checkbox 'I am a pervert who obeys speed limits' to turn this on. :-)

# re: LjRing beta1 5/10/2006 11:31 PM RokT
It acts kind of strange... I chose to drive from "Center" to "Maribor" and it says "Smer: urinega kazalca". It's obvious that's not right.

Unless, it's the other way arround and you have to choose destination first and entry point after that?

# re: LjRing beta1 5/11/2006 8:36 PM Robert
Works like a charm.
It could at the same time calculate the distance in both ways without determining the direction by the clicks.
Valem's speed idea is also not bad at all.

# re: LjRing beta1 5/22/2006 10:32 AM Chris
Well done! Very good idea.