I really hate stupid TV. I barely stand the regular TV. I like Lost and maybe a soccer game, but that’s it. Honest!
But I can’t stand to see a puzzle and not solve it. Solving it by hand (by head?) is nice, but I really like using technology.
So if I see a “spot the difference” on TV Paprika or DSF I get really pissed. But I just can’t channel surf pas that. So computers to the rescue!
Take a screenshot of the TV screen. If you are using TV card on your PC be sure to switch to VMR9 setting or you will just get a blank screen. If you don’t own a tuner card use digital camera to take a photo of the TV screen (don’t forget to turn off flash). If you don’t have a camera you are pretty much over with this exercise.
Now follow instructions:
- launch your favorite image editor (I use Paint.NET if Photoshop isn’t handy)
- paste the image in new document
- select one of two images
- cut the selection and paste in a new folder (Photoshop will do this automatically for you in Paint.NET you have to create new layer)
left. Paint.NET, right Photoshop
- turn the new layers blending mode to “Difference”
- drag the cutted image over the original
- two images cancel each other out, what’s left is the difference
One more sample:
Simple, isn’t it? Now, go win yourself a washing machine or something.