GetCanon! is a image downloader for Canon digital cameras. It's small, quick and simple. It can download images, rotate them automatically and delete them from camera. If you hate the "designer" interface of Canon utilities and hate Windows messing with image filenames, this is the right tool for you.

GetCanon! is freeware. It includes open-source program JpegTran from Independent JPEG Group's JPEG software.

The program has been downloaded more than 10000 times from my own server only and is hosted on many sites around the web. This is what user of GetCanon! think about it:

• This application is exactly what I've been looking for.
  • I found GetCanon! as a very useful tool for my PowerShot camera.
  • Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for: something that just works! Thanks!!!
  • Wow -- this is a great utility!
  • I like your hassle free program a lot. It's much better than the annoying canon software included with my camera.
  • Thanks very much for writing GetCanon and thanks, too, for making it freely available. I love elegant, snappy & simple programs ... just like GetCanon.
  • GetCanon is the _only_ software, including Canon's CameraWindow, that is able to transfer a ~900MB AVI File from my Cam, at all. I don't know why, all the others crashed, freezed, or produced a NULL Byte file after working for ages.

Download: GetCanon! 1.6 Setup (1019 KB)

This software requires Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. You probably have it on your computer but if you don't you can download it free from Microsoft.

What's new since version 1.5:

• Improved stability.
  • Developed with Canon SDK 7.3: support added for: PowerShot S2 IS, PowerShot A520, PowerShot A510, Digital IXUS 700 and Digital IXUS 50.
  • New languages: Danish, Portuguese, Hungarian.
  • Better error handling.
  • New version checking at startup.
  • Improved setup.

Acknowledgments:

Big thanks to all of translators and testers. These include: Marko Juvančič, Gregor Šuster, Mojca Knaus, Roberto Boriotti, Tobias Sürig, Jac Willekens, Patrick Abi Salloum, Kasper Garns, Adam Nemeth, Marko Justinek and Steffen Klemichen.

Supported cameras in version 1.6:

• PowerShot A10, PowerShot A20, PowerShot A30, PowerShot A40, PowerShot A60,
  • PowerShot A70, PowerShot A75, PowerShot A80, PowerShot A85, PowerShot A95,
  • PowerShot A100, PowerShot A200, PowerShot A300, PowerShot A310, PowerShot A400, PowerShot A510, PowerShot A520,
  • PowerShot S10, PowerShot S20, PowerShot S30, PowerShot S40, PowerShot S45, PowerShot S50, PowerShot S60, PowerShot S70,
  • PowerShot S100, IXY DIGITAL, DIGITAL IXUS,
  • PowerShot SD200, IXY DIGITAL 40, DIGITAL IXUS 30,
  • PowerShot SD300, IXY DIGITAL 50, DIGITAL IXUS 40,
  • PowerShot SD400, IXY DIGITAL 55, DIGITAL IXUS 50,
  • PowerShot SD500, IXY DIGITAL 600, DIGITAL IXUS 700
  • PowerShot G1, PowerShot G2, PowerShot G3, PowerShot G5, PowerShot G6,
  • PowerShot Pro90 IS, PowerShot S1 IS, PowerShot S2 IS, PowerShot Pro1

Note: The EOS class of digital cameras is not supported. You can use the version GetCanon 1.02 with EOS class cameras.

Supported languages:

• English
  • Slovenian
  • Danish
  • German
  • French
  • Hungarian
  • Italian
  • Dutch
  • Portugese

Source code:

If you would like to get the source code for this version, you have to sign up for Canon Developer program. Once you have got your hands on Canon SDK, contact me and I'll send you the source.

These are links where you can apply for Canon SDK, depending where you're from:

Posted on Sunday, November 06, 2005 1:45 AM | Filed under: Software Developement |

# GetCanon! 1.5 11/6/2005 2:13 PM Bite my bytes

# GetCanon 1.6 Release Candidate 11/6/2005 2:22 PM Bite my bytes

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 12/21/2005 4:50 AM y0himba
I would ove to see this automatically pop up when I connect my Canon Powershot A95, or at least be on the autoplay list...

Works perfectly, so much faster and easier than the software that came with the camera.

Any chance of a thumbnail preview options ever?

y0himba@technolounge.org

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 1/27/2006 7:55 PM BeSt
Hey your soft seems to be very interessant, but is there any chance that EOS 20D or EOS 350 can be fully supported (JPEG AND RAW) ?
Like does gcan

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 1/27/2006 8:16 PM Burma Jones
I would also like to see the ability to have GetCanon automatically fire up when camera is pluggled in. Or perhaps instructions on how to tweak Windows/Registry to enable this.

Also, ability to change the subfolder naming convention.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 3/2/2006 9:53 AM Tomazv
On http://www.breezesys.com/ you can find similar software
Downloader Pro. It is also very nice and I think that you can get some idea about possible new feature.

Software is not freeware but you can download 15 days trial and support EOS DSLR too.

Regards!

Tomaž

tomazv(at)shift.si

# Keylogger 3/16/2006 8:40 AM Keylogger
I just happened to buy a canon camera the other day and I hate the software it came with. Way too much crap going on with it. I wanted a simple program to grab the pics off the camera and delete them. With my old camera i just did it through windows explorer, but this one won't allow that. So I came across this app here at snapfiles and it's like someone heard me ask for it! Great job to the author. The only thing I could say being constructive is that it could use a thumb view in case some pictures are bad or blurry, they could be skipped. But I can also do that after they have been transferred so it's not a big deal at all.

# re: GetCanon! 3/16/2006 8:42 AM Keylogger

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 3/23/2006 11:24 AM mp3
nice to hear u again dude :)

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 4/9/2006 6:43 PM Ixus55
I hope digital IXUS 55 will be supported in the next version. I really hate the download software supplied with my camera :)

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 4/27/2006 4:25 AM Lee Crawford
Very nice. A request for the next version, the ability to use a pattern to create a directory hierarchy from the date. For instance I use:

YYYY/MM/DD

instead of

YYYY-MM-DD

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 4/27/2006 7:59 AM David
This is the most requested feature so I can assure you it will be there in the next version!

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 5/4/2006 8:32 PM Joe K.
Nice program. It doesn't recognize my Canon SD450. May be I am missing something?

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 7/1/2006 4:34 PM Urs
GetCanon is just great! Easy to use, straightforward interface without the usesless bells and whistles.

Are you planning to release a refresh soon to cover the current canon camera models?

Best regards,
-urs-

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 7/5/2006 4:14 PM Sri Kones
Very handy tool. I loved it.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 7/21/2006 1:45 AM Gary
Great application. I was just looking at it from a developer point of view. As a software engineer I love when people collaborate on programs like this and make them freely available.

I'd love to help you with development in my spare time if you are looking for assitance.

I'll send a private mail to get that started!

:-)
Gary

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 8/6/2006 1:46 PM thomba27
Thanks for great application.

It would be nice to set up the path for the download history, so that I can use with multiple logins with the same history.

Kind regards
thomba27

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 8/8/2006 10:34 PM Gerald
Perfect tool. Exact what I was looking for. Thanks!
Gerald

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 10/2/2006 8:15 PM romunov
What I would like of this software is thumbnail view, naming subfolders (as already mentioned) - by date for example and perhaps an advanced mode of sorting. I would select images and assign them to download into a certain directory.

As a biology student I take a lot of pics of various plants and animals and it's a PITA to sort everything. That way I could sort it before I even downloaded them to HD. Just something to think about. :)

# No New Canon Camera Support 10/20/2006 8:12 PM JoeK
I've been monitoring this site for five couple months in hope that the developer would add support for the Canon SD450. No luck! No response! Thank you - I've moved on.

Great product.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 11/12/2006 10:38 PM Arbie
Well, I love the program for all the reasons everyone else mentions...

... except that it just overwrote 100+ images that I had transferred yesterday with 100+ new ones from today. I forgot to move them out of the default destination folder first.

PLEASE add a "confirm on overwrite" to this excellent tool.

Arbie

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 11/27/2006 9:38 AM Ridge
Hi, great program!

Do you know how to change the default action in WinXP when you connect the camera? Now, when I connect the camera, I can only choose things like Microsoft's Wizards, Photoshop, Word, Publisher and of course Canon Camera Window. I can't disable this dialog. I just want GetCanon to start when I connect my camera!

Hope you can help with this! Thanks.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 11/27/2006 9:35 PM David
It's not easy to do. I have it planned for next version but i'm not sure when that's coming,

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 12/2/2006 12:20 AM Janry
I cant donwload from my A610!please help...janryfuehrer@yahoo.com

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 12/4/2006 7:28 PM ira
program doesn't recognize my Canon G@. am i missing something?

irahamiltonhayes@yahoo.com

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 12/4/2006 9:50 PM David
Unfortunately Canon stopped developing SDK that I use in GetCanon. That measn that I should do a complete rewrite of the program in order to support new cameras. That is highly unlikely becouse I'm too busy in my real life for a project like that. Sorry.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 1/3/2007 4:15 PM CyGuy
Does it also fetch AVI files stored on supported Canon models?
Thank you.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 1/3/2007 11:07 PM David
Yes, I believe it does.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 1/11/2007 8:45 PM markus
it sucks

i dont like it.

Create a better one

# re: default action in WinXP 1/15/2007 8:29 AM Christian
default actions on hot plugging devices can be added with microsofts "tweak ui" tool. go to the "My Computer" - "Autoplay" - "Handlers" section.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 1/15/2007 8:46 AM David
Thanks, Christian! That's good to know!

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 1/18/2007 9:00 PM Juergen
This program is great, but I too would like it to start automatically when the camera connects. Is this program still being worked on?

J

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 1/18/2007 9:03 PM David
Not actively, unfortunately. But there is a chance that I'll have time to add few features in near future.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 2/12/2007 1:23 AM Kermis
This is very useful for me since windows 2000 doesn't recognize the camera as a removable disk like XP, and the TWAIN driver software doesn't receive video files (and is otherwise crappy too).

So, thanks!

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 2/19/2007 8:35 AM Andrew
Great program, but doesn't work now that I've upgraded to Vista. Any chance of an update to support Vista? Anyone else been able to get it to work? Thanks!

# Zero Day Install Software List 2/28/2007 2:34 PM p u b l i c v o i d . d k

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 3/5/2007 11:19 PM Nuck
Hi,
very nice program. but since 1.6 not working with my Powersahot A620. "Error connecting to camera."
So i use 1.5, this version is working great

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 3/16/2007 12:37 PM Denis J
Great

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 3/23/2007 9:37 AM TheEdge
Andrew,

- I also am not able to get GetCanon 1.6 to work under Vista
- I emailed David about it and he said he is looking into it

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 3/25/2007 10:34 AM michael
Since more and more computers have SD card readers, would be ideal to have an option of downloading pictures directly from the card

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 3/27/2007 10:28 PM David
Sorry, guys. GetCanoon is NOT Vista comatible. One big big problem is that Canon's SDK is just not working under Vista. Sorry.

# GetCanon for EOS Digital Rebel? 4/15/2007 3:32 AM Ru
I'd love to use this software, but my camera is not supported. I have Canon Digital Rebel XT and I tried the 1.02 version as you suggest for EOS cameras, but it doesn't seem to recognize it. Are you planning to support those kind of cameras in your next version? Please, please do! :)

In the meantime can anyone recommend something similar that works with rebels?

Thanks!

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 4/17/2007 3:54 PM Anthony
I used to have this on my computer prior to having it wiped. After downloading and re-installing the software I can't get 1.5 to recognize my old and played out Powershot S110. Any suggestions?

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 4/17/2007 10:09 PM David
@Anthony: Does Windows recognise your camera? Are you running XP or Vista?

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 4/25/2007 7:23 AM Rick
I just purchased a slightly used G2. It seems to work fine. I get, 'Error connecting to camera" when I use GetCanon! Running XP. Camera Icon shows up under 'Scanner and Cameras Folder' but it won't let me access its properties there, either. Any ideas?

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 4/27/2007 12:24 PM Employee Monitoring
Souds a great program but unfortunately it doesn't recognize my Canon SD800? also get 'Error connecting to camera".

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 5/13/2007 11:14 AM Bernard Wortelboer
Looks great, but it didn't recognize my Canon IXUS 850IS (Europe, is the same as the SD800)

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 5/13/2007 12:16 PM David
Sorry. Cuurent Canon SDK doesn't support newer cameras.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 6/2/2007 5:36 PM Ales.P
PowerShot A610 users, use GetCanon! 1.02 version, it works.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 6/23/2007 6:28 AM Allan
Downloaded your program and looks great, also have Microsoft.net framework.2.0 but it dosn't recognise my canon IXY 500 digital camera which is the same as the PowerShot S500. I just get "camera not found" in the connect window.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 7/8/2007 11:10 AM Jon
"Error connecting to camera" IXUS 55 - funnily enough this is the only cam that shows up in the dropdown list, implying its finding something there.
I'll see if I can find version 1.5 as I noticed another poster earlier said that version did work.

I need something that can transfer a very precious 300MB AVI from the cam to XP. WHAT IS WITH THAT LIMITATION ANYWAY???

Will update with any news.

Jon

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 7/8/2007 11:33 AM Jon
I have an IXUS 55 and Winblows XP SP1 - GetCanon version 1.02 is the only one that works with them. 1.5 just breaks with an exception (other useres have listed the details), 1.6 cannot connect to the cam.

GREAT WORK but Microsoft and/or Canon have shot you in the ass!

DONT GIVE UP, ITS A GREAT TOOL!

(You are now a marriage saver also by the way :) )

Jon

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 7/13/2007 10:53 AM Daniel Ullmann
Hey Guy... it´s a realy great software...
but can you add the cam Canon PhototShot A530 please?

I hope you can help me...!?

Thank you!
bye

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 7/18/2007 5:31 PM dkp
Any support for Canon Powershot A640 soon?

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 8/13/2007 1:48 PM Samantha
hey hey

seems a good program ..
i will try soon
i hope to finnaly get my Powershot A510 to work on my pc
running WINDOWS SERVER 2003 !

emails to Canon helpdesk didnt give me any help more than its not supported by Canon ...
too bad a big company like Canon wont give support for a great windows version like server 2003 .

now with this program i hope to get finnaly a fix for it
thanks

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 8/14/2007 1:10 PM Samantha
I got it work !
tnx this is fine program !

the problem was an scanner and camera service which wasnt running in the system
i put it on "automatic" and now my camera is show up

so peeps ; if you have server 2003 be sure you got the service running ! (programs ==>system==>systemcontrol)
or something similair in your language.
i hope i did help some people out now.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 8/20/2007 12:59 PM Steffen
I use this very nice programm since round about 3 years with my PowerShot A75.
Now I will get an EOS 400D.
A question David - why you stop the EOS Support with version 1.02?
Does it comes with a later release again?
Thanks!
Steffen

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 8/20/2007 1:34 PM Steffen
A little tip - Canon released two new SDKs 'Canon Digital EOS SDK (ED-SDK)' and Canon PowerShot Remote Capture Software Development Kit (PS-ReC) incl. Vista-Support.

BR

Steffen

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 8/25/2007 4:11 PM Jon
I'm trying to get a Canon Ixus 330 connected to a new vista laptop and Canon are not making any new driver sofware, will GetCanon act as a driver for the camera? what can I do if not?

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 8/26/2007 9:17 PM David
No, GetCanon doesn't work on Vista either. Sorry!

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 8/30/2007 8:23 PM TW
Samantha - you rock! Thanks so much for the tip - this has been bugging me for ages...I've always had to pull my photos onto my XP laptop, then transfer them to my 2k3 workstation. I owe you a pint!

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 9/10/2007 11:48 PM Mats
Since 1.6 is not supporting a620, I tried 1.5. It didn't even start (got an error 0x4dc (1244)) on windows 2000, sp4. But after installing, running and closing 1.6, 1.5 worked!. Best of all - it supports my a620.

# camera compatibility 9/15/2007 10:16 PM eva w
I have downloaded GetCanon! 1.6 on Vista with no problem. However, it doesn't recognize my old camera Canon Ixus v, which is a European version of PowerShot S100. What can I do? I still like the camera, it is doing a good job.
eva w

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 9/25/2007 6:32 PM Baron Fungus
hi everybody
GetCanon is a fantasic little program that i have used for a couple of years with my powershot pro 90 Is
i recently upgraded my system and installed Windows Vista, it took a bit of time to figer out how to get GetCanon to work, but now it works fine with no problems at all !!!
here goes:-
install GetCanon
right click GetCanon Icon
select Properties
select Compatibility
under Compatibility mode, select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) from
the drop down menu and put a tick in the box marked 'Run this program in compatibility mode for'
click on Apply and OK and everything should work fine !!!
Good Luck Peeps

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 9/26/2007 7:11 PM David
@Baron: Tnx for the tip!

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 10/6/2007 12:28 AM Larry
Re: et Canon......The tip on select properties posted by Baron works GREAT, Now I can use my new Vista laptop....THANKS

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 10/7/2007 9:32 AM Ajesh
Guys.. unfortunately i find that GetCanon doesn't support my newly purchased Canon S3 IS.. My laptop is having Windows Vista(32).. and the softwares ZoomBrowser EX and CameraWindow doesn't detect the camera..
Seems like there is no way to download the images to my laptop.. can smeone please help me out on this..

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 10/7/2007 10:49 AM Ajesh
guys I GOT IT WORKING IN AN OLDER VERSION - ie. GetCanon v 1.02 .. MAN THIS SOFWARE IS FUCKING COOL.. so simple in its looks but yet does everything you can ever think of.. HIGH FIVE to the developers.. you guys are real cool dudes..

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 10/12/2007 2:47 AM tiffany
hi, i can not get pictures from my old canon a40 to my laptop (usb) which runs on windows vista? any ideas how i can do this?

thanks alot,
Tiffany

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 10/12/2007 10:06 PM Ajesh
TRY these Tiffany
Download both versions of getCanon - ie. 1.6 and also 1.02
ok. no once the installation is complete..

right click GetCanon Icon
select Properties
select Compatibility
under Compatibility mode, select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) from
click on Apply and OK and everything should work fine !!!

Also try reading some of the above feedbacks by others...

Also try these
## try pluging into some other USB port - so that it automatically starts installing the driver
## get the latest versions of ZoomBrowser EX and CameraWindow from the canon site which supports vista
## try changing their compatability tabs
## restart laptop once in a while - like after installing/removing software - don't hibernate
##

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 10/13/2007 5:20 PM Jon
I cant get this to work with my SD850 It worked on the SD400 any ideas?

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 10/21/2007 4:16 AM nick
Great application.

I can't get Canon SDK from the canon website, because canon is not supported for asia country.

I am a developer and reserch relative item.
Could you give me Canon SDK, please.
I wiil deeply appreciate you.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 10/23/2007 11:24 PM Larry Lowe
I tried the tip on service pack 2, still does't see camera. power shot G2.
Running vista home premium

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 10/24/2007 2:38 PM Larry
The device manager shows the powershot g2.I can't get get cannon 1.6 to pick it up after changing to selecting the GetCanon! Running XP. Camera Icon

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 10/27/2007 9:31 PM Mitch
Do you plan to suppor the SD550?

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 10/27/2007 9:56 PM Marjan
Does GetCanon work with S5IS an WinXP?

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 11/6/2007 11:20 PM Antti

Hi, very nice program, thanks a lot!

One suggestion for possible improvement: It seems that the program creates folders (by date) for each photo in the camera although "transfer new" is selected. This means that if I have renamed an old folder, e.g. "2007-10-10" to "2007-10-10_Partyphotos" the program will create an empty folder "2007-10-10".

Also, it would be nice to determine the date format and whether it should use an underscore, space or hyphen between the numbers...

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 11/11/2007 4:45 AM Mike
do you have a new program that supports the canon power shot a630?

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 11/16/2007 2:44 PM deanna
Another vote for enabling naming conventions for the date format on the folders.

Great program, much better than ZoomBrowserSUX! ;)

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 11/23/2007 10:14 PM milancho
Many thanks to software creator and Barron for Vista related feedback - after over 1 year, 150+ images are finding their way off camera and onto my PC. Cheers!

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 11/29/2007 10:52 AM J. Donner
Pretty useless program, keeps saying "Error connecting to camera!". Pretty stupid, knowing that I use a A570 IS, the best seller of the A5xx serie.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 12/8/2007 6:22 AM Raja
Hi,

I have Canon A620 and my PC has Windows serverr 2003 Enterprise Edition. I have installed the softwares came with the Camera. Even though I could see the device as installed correct in Device Manager, I could not get connected to the Camera to download the pictures.

I would like to know whether GetCanon 1.6 would be usefull for my issue.

regards

Raja

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 1/30/2008 1:28 AM david
no luck with a Vista laptop (even with the XP setting)...gonna look into the cannon programs mentioned above....

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 2/5/2008 10:27 PM step
hi...
your program recognized my camera (A630) but when i clicked "connect", there was an error message that read,
"error connecting to camera!"...

is there a work-a-round to this?

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 2/16/2008 6:05 PM Vittorio
dont work in my computer with windows Vista; the program start regularly but always says "no camera found" ...also if i do the refresh...
but the camera is connected and i can download the pictures with other softwares !!! The camera is CANON POWERSHOT S10, connected via USB port.
Where is the problem ?

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 2/16/2008 6:13 PM Vittorio
Now work ! followed the suggest of Ajesh, putting the properties / compatibility as windows XP service pack 2, now it works. Thanks to all.
Vittorio

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 3/4/2008 7:30 PM Nicolas
NICE PROGRAM, BUT DONT WORK WHITH Canon PowerShot A460, I KNOW THE CAMERA IS NOT IN THE LIST, BUT TRY TO FIXE MEN, THANKS

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 3/22/2008 10:06 PM alan robinson
This does not work under windows 2003. But it is possible to use the canon software under win2k3, with some effort:

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 4/11/2008 6:01 AM Yoshi
Hey I really would like to use your software but it won't connect to my new 'Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Digital Elph'.

CAN YOU PLEASE ADD SUPPORT 4 THE CANON SD870 IS?

Thank you for making and supporting freeware!

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 4/13/2008 7:02 AM adam
Canon PowerShot SX100 IS support please.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 4/21/2008 3:11 AM Son
Why does GetCanon 1.6 can not detect Canon PowerShot SX100 IS?

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 4/24/2008 7:54 PM Jr
thank god for you!

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 5/1/2008 12:53 PM HELP
ok so i just got the power shot SX100 IS and i lost the CD
i have fond progrmas for it but they wont install for windows XP as they are only compatible for windows 2000...

can someone HELP ME please
thanks

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 5/2/2008 10:15 PM tik
Thank you Baron! Finally my A40 and vista communicate! This really made my day.
Thanks one more time!

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 5/11/2008 10:53 PM M Henning
Connecting an IXUS 900 Ti to a Windows XP machine I get the (previously mentioned) "Error connecting to camera".
This message is about as useful as if it just said "Error". Any more details on the error and us (grateful) users will attempt to solve
their problems themselves?
Ta

MH

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 5/16/2008 5:22 AM CJ
I have windows server 2003 and have downloaded this software but it doesnt pick up my Ixus 8015 cant' get it to work with anything!

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 5/24/2008 12:51 PM clair
i downloaded the GetCanon software and installed it but when i plug in my powershot A10 camera and switch it on its not finding the camera all its saying is no camera connected even tho it is connected could i please get help on this my OS is vista

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 5/24/2008 1:04 PM clair
just read one of baron fungus's posts and and thanks for posting it as my camera is now detected in the software been trying for days to find something that will get my pics from camera to laptop which is running vista i am very happy now cheers baron

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 5/26/2008 3:20 AM Edward Sheldon
Anyone with Vista that has had difficulties with Baron Fungus's guide, if your computer came with Vista preloaded, please try this:

From Control Panel, create a new user with admin priviledges
Log off. Log on as that new user.
Reinstall the program as the new user
Set it to compatibility mode as per Baron Fungus's post above.

This works with some programs, and not with others. I'd be interested to see if GetCanon is one of the programs that won't work under a manufacturer's tweaked OEM install, since there are some programs that won't. It may explain why some Vista users can get it working and some can't - those with the full retail or self-upgraded upgrade version won't have the problem since they won't be using specially "tweaked" profiles created by their machine's manufacturer to bypass Windows Vista restrictions on driver updates.

Good luck, and if it works - please post back and let people know.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 6/3/2008 10:40 PM Howard
Heya guys, this does work under Vista if you set it to run in Windows XP (sp2) compatibility mode. This is actually the first program I have gotten to work with my A40 since upgrading to Vista. Change compatibility and it works like a champ in Vista... Woot :)

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 6/25/2008 4:47 AM Ravindra C
Very nice software.

I using it since one year. No problems.

Very user friendly.

Thanks a lot.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 7/5/2008 12:49 PM Cecile
Hello all
Has anyone managed to get Get Canon to work with IXUS 80 IS?
thanks for any tip you might have

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 8/19/2008 2:58 AM lthordar
Canon Powershot A570 didnt work for me.

Said, error cannot connect to camera.

I can't transfer large video files from the camera to my computer because its over 210 megs.

# re: GetCanon! 1.6 3/24/2009 7:10 PM MrLonghair
I thought I was going to have to pick up a card reader or use an old USB1 speed camera forever, thank you very much for this great piece of software. Now my Canon S2 IS is going to live even longer.