New version available: GetCanon 1.6 has been released!

It's beta and CTP world. So I figured it can't hurt to post another prerelase for GetCanon 1.6.

It should be completely stable so I recommend upgrading. Some translations need to be checked before full release. My trusty translators are working on that as we speak. Thanks to all of them!

New since GetCanon 1.6 beta

• Hungarian and Portuguese translations

New since GetCanon 1.5:

• built against Canon SDK 7.3 - added support for PowerShot S2 IS, PowerShot A520, PowerShot A510, Digital IXUS 700 and Digital IXUS 50
  • better error handling
  • new version checking at startup

Downloada:

Please report any bugs!

Thanks to Marko and Adam for new translations and all other testers and translators for their work.

Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:28 PM | Filed under: Photography Developement |

# Beta version of GetCanon 1.6 9/25/2005 11:29 PM Bite my bytes

# GetCanon! 1.5 9/25/2005 11:31 PM Bite my bytes

# re: GetCanon 1.6 Release Candidate 10/7/2005 12:07 AM CypherBit
I've been testing 1.6 beta and now 1.6 RC and it works great with my IXUS 40. I'm very pleased with it.

I do however have one grievance, well a question, why does it insist on connecting to mail.teambreska.com a team you're part of?

Thank you for a great program, appreciated.

# re: GetCanon 1.6 Release Candidate 10/23/2005 9:22 PM David
Hey,

sorry for late answer. The program connects to mail.teambreskva.com which is mail server of mine. TeamBreskva used to be a sailing team which is dead now, but the mail servers name stayed. The connection is only made if GetCanon crtashes in order to send the crash report.

The user is informed before sending of email and can cancel it.

# re: GetCanon 1.6 Release Candidate 10/23/2005 10:42 PM CypherBit
Not a problem at all, as far as the late reply is concerned, you seem to be really busy.

Thank you for the explanation.

# Connection left open after the web service request 10/23/2005 10:43 PM Bite my bytes

# Connection left open after the web service request 10/23/2005 10:45 PM Bite my bytes

# re: GetCanon 1.6 Release Candidate 10/23/2005 10:47 PM David
Sorry, CypherBit, these answer was quick off. I was thinking about it for most of the afternoon then I desided to dig into it... Read about it in my post:

# re: GetCanon 1.6 Release Candidate 11/6/2005 2:21 PM David
You may wan't to check out latest version at http://www.vidmar.net/GetCanon/