I used to be quite a desktop wallpaper freak. Minimalistic and abstract was my thing. My favorites use to be 2advanced. But then I cooled of, flirted for a while with Pixel Girl and tried to grab something from DeviantArt, but nothing convinced me. So I was wallpaper-less for a long time. Performance was my excuse. But today I found Vladstudio via DownloadSquad and my desktop shines once again!

VladStudio Wallpapers

Not all of their wallpapers are free (duals aren't) but well worth the money. I'm gonna stick with free ones to see if I can sacrifice that bit of performance for a nice desktop I only see once a week or when I reboot my machine.

Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 11:17 AM | Filed under: Internet |

# re: Vladstudio goodness 8/15/2005 3:25 PM Mark
Damn, I want to move to Tokyo! Always wanted to, though.

# re: Vladstudio goodness 8/15/2005 3:31 PM David
First get your butt back to Slovenia, then start thinking on your next move! ;)

# re: Vladstudio goodness 8/15/2005 5:35 PM Mark
Why? I might come back just to get my girlfriend and my dog to go with me. Sure, I'll give you a call to go for a beer. Don't worry 'bout that. :)

# re: Vladstudio goodness 8/15/2005 5:50 PM David
Ok, now I'll be able to sleep again... ;)

# re: Vladstudio goodness 8/16/2005 3:51 PM Mark
Can you define categories from which the app will put the wallpaper to your desktop? I mean, I got a few really sucky wallpapers :)

# re: Vladstudio goodness 8/16/2005 6:59 PM David
Where? What? Who? Don't get it...

# re: Vladstudio goodness 8/16/2005 7:24 PM Mark
Well, I gave it a go, this wallpaper thingie. I was wallpaperless for a loooong time. You know, I had that defaut gray color desktop. So... I installed this app, got it working and made it fetch some randomly picked wallpapers (from their web). And some are... frankly, they suck, really. Well, they don't suck, I just don't want that kind of picture/photo on my desktop. So, I was thinking if there is an option, that I did not find (yet), where I can set the category(-ies) from which the app would randomly fetch 'category-desired' wallpapers?
Hmm... I guess this comment is even more confusing than the first one :)

# re: Vladstudio goodness 8/16/2005 7:32 PM David
Ah, now I get it. I would know anything about a program. I just downloaded some JPGs.