If you have trouble getting Windows Desktop Search to index Outlook public folders and you get a nice warning saying "To index Outlook public folder favorites, you must be running Outlook 2003 in cached mode." you should do just that. Switch to cached mode, that is.

But checking your Exchange Servers account option "Use Cached Exchanged Mode" is not enough. You also have to check "Download Public Folder Favorites".

Now I only have to figure out how to make Thunderbird/Mozzila/Eudora add-in to work. I can see Thunderbird in options and it's checked for indexing, but the results never include my Thunderbird mail messages.

Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 12:56 PM | Filed under: Software |

# re: How to convince Windows Desktop Search to index Public Folders 8/9/2005 10:09 PM PeterK
Thanks for the tip. Just what I needed.
BTW, I have T/M/E add-in installed. Works fine on my computer.

# re: How to convince Windows Desktop Search to index Public Folders 8/9/2005 10:14 PM Boštjan
How about Yahoo!?

# re: How to convince Windows Desktop Search to index Public Folders 8/10/2005 12:37 AM David
Peter: Looks like I'm gonna have to reinstall T/M/E add-in. I could really use it.

Boštan: I don't know! I was using Lookup for some time with great pleasure and MSN search seems just like a logical successor to Lookut. Is it good? Does it have Thunderbird support?

# re: How to convince Windows Desktop Search to index Public Folders 8/10/2005 9:16 PM PeterK
I have a problem because WDS starts re-indexing all my email when I switch between Outlook profiles. Anybody has that problem with WDS? Does Yahoo! work with multiple profiles in OL?

# re: How to convince Windows Desktop Search to index Public Folders 7/27/2007 1:05 PM David Ingham
Thanks - good tip., It is a shame that you have to put the folders you want to index in the favourites.

# re: How to convince Windows Desktop Search to index Public Folders 11/4/2007 4:54 AM Michael Pines
Using any index program for Micosoft Outlook 2003, preferably looking at public folders, how does one forward from the index results multiple index results?

Thank you.

Mike USA 858 945 0622

# re: How to convince Windows Desktop Search to index Public Folders 3/22/2009 4:50 AM Howard Tayler
Guys,

just use LOOKEEN for heaven sake!

www.lookeen.net