It looks like it's obligatory to talk about Windows Vista on your blogs this days.

I will not go down that road, but I would like share with you the part of the new Windows you will look at all the time, if you like it or not. The new Microsoft online and  print fonts, the C gang: Calibri, Cambria, Candara, Consolas, Constantia, Corbel. A while ago, Poynteronline wrote about this fonts in detail. (both images are from that site)

I especially like Constantia, since is really easy to read and has a style. It just became default font in my email an IM program.

Consolas should be our new programming font, but I don't think it's ready to substitute my current favorite proportional font - Bitstream Vera Sans Mono.

Of course, you don't have to wait for Vista to arrive, someone has already put the fonts up for download (while it lasts)! (It is probably not legal to download, the fonts may also be pre-release version.)

Posted on Friday, July 29, 2005 7:56 PM | Filed under: System Developement |

# re: Vista's new fonts 7/29/2005 10:30 PM PeterK
I didn't seen these before. The C gang looks nice. But for me, move over Trebuchet, Corbel just walked into town.

# re: Vista's new fonts 7/30/2005 1:40 PM dejan
Very nice to read about Vista's details. Personally Colibri is my favourite one. I like sans-serif fonts.

# re: Vista's new fonts 8/1/2005 12:08 PM Boštjan
While it lasts... http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:YTFeMzbScM8J:test.uxevolutions.info/zoronax/entries/10+Calibri,+Cambria,+Candara,+Consolas,+Constantia+%26+Corbel&hl=en

# re: Vista's new fonts 1/24/2008 12:04 AM Aalister
Yeah.. I'm trying to download some new fonts onto my Vista but I can't. It keeps saying it isn't a valid font. I have tried EVERYTHING. It is a valid font, but Vista is a bitch. How di I fix it!?

# re: Vista's new fonts 5/29/2008 9:27 AM BHOST
Install XP :P

# re: Vista's new fonts 5/29/2008 9:32 AM BHOST
Try copying the fonts first to you local hard drive that vista is installed on (C: by default.) Then drag and drop them into your "C:\Windows\Fonts" Folder. Vista would not let me install fonts from a network drive or second hard drive. I had to move it to a folder on the C: Drive first, then install the fonts.