It was a giveaway book at TechEd 2005 if you did a test of some kind and GregorS had two of them as was friendly enough to give me one. It's a really nice looking book that will server as a book shelf decoration for most of its life. The content will not last very long since it's Beta 2 based.

Basically this book is a really long "What's New" for upcoming VB.NET, Microsoft Framework 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005.

I don't code in VB.NET, after VB6 a switched to C# but I found a book quite useful. I major part it touches the stuff that is common to C# and VB.NET or is actually about Visual Studio environment. So most of the content will interest a C# developer and it's always nice to know what's in the "other" language anyway.

Since the book was free, it's well worth its money!

Even if you don't have a way to get a hold of paper version of it you are in luck. Microsoft gives it away for free in digital form. Nice move!

Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 11:57 PM | Filed under: Books |

# re: Introducing Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 for Developer 6/17/2005 10:31 AM dejan
It seems that links at MS site are not valid. If someone managed to download it, please let me know. I would sure like to read it, since I am dealing with 2005 beta for a while.

# re: Introducing Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 for Developer 6/17/2005 10:35 AM David
I can get the PFDs but the link to complete books .zip is indeed broken.

# re: Introducing Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 for Developer 6/17/2005 11:51 AM Peter Jausovec
You also get some free ebook(s) when you register VS2005 Beta2: http://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience

# Peter DeBetta: Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2005 for Developers 10/30/2005 1:52 PM Bite my bytes

# Peter DeBetta: Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2005 for Developers 10/30/2005 1:55 PM Bite my bytes

# re: Introducing Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 for Developers 7/10/2007 4:05 PM abhay
Nice one

# re: Introducing Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 for Developers 7/27/2008 12:12 AM Aditya
thats nice book