I watched the second episode of the CodeRoom over the weekend. You may remember that I didn't like the first episode at all and that I wrote that Rory, DNR ex-host took over as a producer.

And he made some right moves. The second episode is better, it doesn't pretend to be a real TV show it is clearly a commercial.

What I don't get is how come the official page is not updated, the new forums are almost empty, although there is some talk about it over at TheServerSide.NET and on Channel 9. The official page for 2.0 seems to be on TheServerSide.NET also. Oh, yes. You can download the video if you have problems with streaming.

You can also spot the Audiovox SMT 5600 in the show. That's the phone I would really like to have! Decent sized smarthpone and everyone at Microsoft seems to have one... I don't thing it's available in Europe, though.

Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 10:36 PM | Filed under: Developement Internet |

# re: CodeRoom 2.0 5/25/2005 1:45 AM Rory
"And he made some right moves"

Keep in mind that I didn't actually have any creative control or input on this episode - I was just along for the ride to learn about how everything works.

The next few episodes, though... that's another story :)

# re: CodeRoom 2.0 5/25/2005 1:48 AM Rory
"You can also spot the Audiovox SMT 5600 in the show. That's the phone I would really like to have! Decent sized smarthpone and everyone at Microsoft seems to have one... I don't thing it's available in Europe, though."

Forgot to mention - this phone is actually available. Not sure if you can get it as far east as you are, but look for the following:

i-Mate SP3i
Orange SPV C500/550 (550 coming soon)

The SP3i doesn't look like the 5600, but it's pretty much the exact same phone on the inside, so worth a look. It comes in both 850 *and* 900 varieties, so you might be able to find one that would work in your neck of the woods.

# re: CodeRoom 2.0 5/25/2005 9:38 AM David
Hi Rory. Nice of you to drop by...

I'm looking forward to the next episodes. Good luck!

Thanx for the info about the phones! Orange is not available anywhere near me, but i-Mate seems to be the Qtek in Europe. And there are many happy Qtek users around here! I'm gonna have to take a closer look!

# re: CodeRoom 2.0 5/26/2005 1:49 PM dejan
CHS is selling Qtek's phones in Slovenia. They currently provide 9090 (PocketPC version with small keyboard) and 8010 - smart phone. It looks very like one in the show.

On Microsoft NT Conference Mobilek was selling Qtek 9090 for 79.000 SIT (about 330€).

# re: CodeRoom 2.0 5/26/2005 10:16 PM David
Tnx for info, Dejan.

# re: CodeRoom 2.0 5/28/2005 10:38 PM Rory
Is Slovenia GMS?

850? 900?

If so, then the cooler SmartPhones on the market will work for you.

# re: CodeRoom 2.0 5/28/2005 10:51 PM David
Yes, Slovenia is GSM, like the rest of Europe. 850 and 900, mixed. Most of phones support triple frequency ranges.