Since I don't blog about new blogs added to si.blogs anymore, I'm going to bore you with some details about developing the siblogs.com. Again I traded my sleep for some light and fun developing and here are the results:
- You can now filter displayed blogs and just display the new ones. Check of the FAQ for the definition of "new". Of course, you can save this filter and it will be your default.
- Blogs are now automatically declared dead if there are no posts in more than 91 days. The blog will still be checked and if the author revives it will rise again and appear in active blogs list. So, even less work for me!
- Because first non-Slovenian and non-English blog appeared on the list, the main page division is not SLO vs. ENG anymore, but rather SLO vs. non-SLO.
- I also fixed some things here and there, for example invalid image link in the RSS feed.
Last, but not least, I decided to put some Google AdSense ads on the site. Don't start throwing stones at me and yelling I sold out, I'm trying to earn some money on you and so on. Things are not all that bad. Let's see:
- Google AdSense ads are probably one of the least intrusive ads that exist. No pop-ups, no animations, no sound. Just plain text. Easy to ignore.
- If you use FireFox and AdBlock, there is a good chance you don't even see them. So, if they bother you, do something about it and block them. I don't mind.
- It's an experiment. They are off it they don't work, if they bother you (or me!) and in any way make siblogs.com worse.
- I will not become rich at the expense of fellow bloggers. My current revenue stands at $0.10.
So, how do you feel about this? Does it bother you? Do/will you block them? Will you ever click on an ad?