It's been a long time since I bought or even played a new game for Playstation2. But after a really long wait, Gran Turismo 4 is out!

I will not bore you with details and descriptions, there are plenty reviews around the web. I just bought my copy of GT4, slipped it in the console and watched with my jaw dropped...

Let's just say that the game is amazing. It looks and feels amazing. And the audio is Pro Logic II from the start of the intro. Soooo sweet!

Almost certainly this is the last in GT series on PS2. And this is probably all PS2 can do. If you compare it with todays PCs it's still very impressive, although the hardware is old shit by any standard.

With 700+ cars in the game, it's no wonder that my all time favorite is also in there! 350 BHP in R5. Brutal.

Some links: Official Page | GT World | GT Planet | GameSpot | GameFaqs

Posted on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 10:09 PM | |

# re: Gran Turismo 4 3/16/2005 11:28 PM Mark
oh man, don't tease me, please :). I've played GT3 as much as humanly possible a couple of years ago. I'll get a copy of my own as soon as I can. I just hope I'll have enough free time for PS2 then. There's time to work and time to play, snow is gone, there's no money to surf, so ... GT4. :)

Don't be neglecting your blog or work because of it ;)

# re: Gran Turismo 4 3/16/2005 11:47 PM David
Don't you worry about me neglecting my blog. My obsesions usually don't last very long. I managed to finish around 4% of GT3. I don't expect to be any better with GT4.

Say, would you care to challenge me for a beer?

# re: Gran Turismo 4 3/17/2005 10:09 AM Mark
I wouldn't challange you but I'd love to run a lap or two (for beer).
I remember I finished every single race in GT3. The arcade and simulation part. Took me a couple of weeks though. I remember the MazdaMX endurance race was sooooo boring ... :)

# re: Gran Turismo 4 3/17/2005 10:18 AM David
Holy shit! Every single race!?! That's a lot of work. I was nowhere near!

Sure, I can get a few laps for a beer. Let's move to email for that, shall we?

# re: Gran Turismo 4 8/12/2005 7:53 PM uzair
please send me to play satatin cds

# re: Gran Turismo 4 12/27/2005 4:16 PM wolfie
....and the shit is the best when a car is running into your ass and you get a 5 seconds penalty.....help the programmer from which side of the ship he is coming