The semi-famous (aren't they all when you compare them to Google?) search engine Ask Jeeves company acquired Bloglines.

I really hope they don't do anything stupid, because I really like Bloglines. It looks like everybody feels the same about the story.

I tried Newsgator Online the other day, but we didn't connect.

Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 5:43 PM | Filed under: Blogging Internet |

# re: The butler did it! 2/9/2005 1:52 PM Miha
Bloglines is my favorite RSS reader too so I also hope that it will stay like it is now.

# re: The butler did it! 2/10/2005 12:44 AM Greg Reinacker
I'd love to hear what wasn't connecting for you in NewsGator Online. We're working hard to build an awesome user experience, and I'd love to hear what you thought!

# re: The butler did it! 2/10/2005 9:27 AM David
Hi, Greg, thanks for asking.

I spent like an hour in NGO and first problem I had, it didn't import my opml file correctly. Out of ~200 feeds I got something like 20. If you wan't I can send you opml to test.

Then I didn't really like the UI. To much emtpy space. What I like about Bloglines is that it acts and looks much like a desktop app.

And if I remember correctly, NGO was not all that fast. BL usually is very fast.

I hope you improve NGO and that that BL gests some competition. That way we, the users, will win!

# re: The butler did it! 2/16/2005 1:05 AM Greg Reinacker
On the OPML import, please do shoot over your OPML file - it should import completely, as long as there aren't errors in it. Send it over to support at newsgator.com.

On the performance, NewsGator Online is normally quite fast...I wonder if it was just one particular bad day or something. We constantly monitor this kind of thing, and we're also constantly working on improving performance...so make sure to come back and try us again when you have time!

# re: The butler did it! 3/1/2005 12:01 AM David
I sent the email. I hope you can figure it out easily.