Picasa 2 is free and cool and pretty and all. But where the hell is full screen mode? What about resize? I'll have to stick with ACDSee at least until Picasa 3, I guess.

We probably would even notice Picasa if Google wouldn't bought it.

Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2005 10:24 AM | Filed under: Software |

# re: Picasa 3? 1/21/2005 2:29 PM Andrej Budja
I tried Pricasa even before the Google day and it was a very nice app. But what bothered me were the files that Picasa put in EVERY folder on my hard drive! WTF!!!! I immediately remove it, even tough the user interfaca was neat...

# re: Picasa 3? 4/6/2005 2:51 PM Chris
Fullscreenmode is available: Use Slideshow!
Resize is also available: Export, choose pixelsize!

# re: Picasa 3? 4/6/2005 3:24 PM David
I just want to see selected image full screen. Not SlideShow. A want to zoom and pan in full screen.

Yes, it's free and simple and cute. But I need more. I'm probably spoiled by ACDSee....

# re: Picasa 3? 4/15/2005 8:12 AM Sam
I just got Picasa 2 yesturday, and I feel the same as the original writer and Andrej. It would have been much better if it didn't load absolutely every picture from your hard drive, and actually sorted them properly, and it was EASIER TO ACCESS FULLSCREEN MODE!

But it's really good for general re-touching and the like. But for more advanced things I use the GIMP.

# re: Picasa 3? 5/5/2005 11:41 AM Grubbs
Here's a neat, undocumented tip:
Hover the mouse over the photo and press CTRL + ALT together. Voila!

# re: Picasa 3? 5/5/2005 9:19 PM David
Nice one Grubbs! Thanks!

# Neat Picasa 2 trick 5/5/2005 9:20 PM vidmar.net/weblog

# re: Picasa 3? 11/13/2005 6:29 PM CaqKa
fast stone image viewer, ne pa neka picassa.
fuj.

# re: Picasa 3? 11/13/2005 9:21 PM David
I use Fast Stone at work. Nice piece of free software indeed.

# re: Picasa 3? 1/2/2006 1:08 PM David
Tnx! Grubs previously mentioned the same trick. It works nice.

# re: Picasa 3? 6/16/2006 3:12 PM Kris Fields
or just hit Alt Gr

# re: Picasa 3? 8/3/2006 11:06 PM James V. Sena Jr.
Show me Picasa 3

# re: Picasa 3? 1/16/2007 6:09 PM lol
picasa made my pc slow do not put picasa on your pc my pc got a debug and said debug catched form picasa.

# re: Picasa 3? 1/27/2007 10:28 PM Malorie Apolon
i dont see why you guys are all complaining? i love picasa, i use it to edit all of my pictures, i havent had one problem with it, it doesnt make my computer slow. so stfu. and p.s- is there going to be a picasa three anytime soon? i ehard there was but it was hard to find.

# re: Picasa 3? 4/3/2007 7:34 PM dan
wheres picasa 4?

# re: Picasa 3? 4/5/2007 3:07 PM loulou
is there actually a picasa 3 or what?

# re: Picasa 3? 4/5/2007 3:29 PM David
loulou: no, at least not yet. this is post from beginning of 2005 if you didn't notice.

# re: Picasa 3? 6/4/2007 7:47 PM jazmine
yeah

# re: Picasa 3? 6/16/2007 8:53 PM Jasmine
When is there gonna be a picasa 3?

# picasa 2 9/19/2007 3:25 PM florence
re picasa 2
im trying to download picasa 2 on vista i am not having much luck i keep getting a message saying windows cannot access the specified device path or file you may not have the appropiate permission to access the item. i am fed up i tried it 3 times

# Photology - real life WPF application 11/1/2007 5:35 PM Bite my bytes
Photology - real life WPF application

# re: Picasa 3? 12/6/2007 3:10 AM Richard in San Francisco
hmmmm . . . someone else mentioned that they were frustrated that Picasa2 stores all of their photos onto the C drive, which is my same complaint. I have a separate drive for storing photos and I don't like having to constrantly move images from the C to the external.

Otherwise, there are many other features and it's free!

Richard

# re: Picasa 3? 1/22/2008 2:58 PM kate
o ja imanoma parsisiust?

# re: Picasa 3? 6/16/2008 8:22 PM john
Yes where is Picasa 3? Its been how long now and now you can't even find the beta to download. Typical of what Google is becoming!

# re: Picasa 3? 7/17/2008 7:29 AM James
I too am waiting for Picasa 3. It's been, what, 2 plus years now since it was touted? Where has it gone?

Features that I'd like to see (but probably never will, since Google might end up killing Picasa)

1) Tagging (like Facebook)
2) Advanced editing tools (more akin to Photoshop Elements)
3) Customizable sharing options (IE, ability to allow users to only view pictures where they are tagged)
4) Larger storage
5) Better grouping / categories

Google, are you listening?

# re: Picasa 3? 7/20/2008 6:03 AM hydrokiwi
Wherez the Beta - maybe the end of the road is nigh. I wonder if there is a big enough revenue stream from Picasa.

Losing caption edits between the desktop and web albums is a deal killer for me.

The tiles on the web album organizer screen are also so small I use a magnifying glass to see them . Most software now has scalable tiles and thumbnails.

Other than that I like the software and hope 3 will come soon and exceed expectations.