I finally managed to get some work done on my simple old project called WebSpy. It's a console application that calculates a hash number from web page source and compares it to the old version. If it detects a change a mail alert can be send.
I posted it as a sample code for an article on Wimdows.net in 2003. Since then I run it everyday as a scheduled task. It seems that few people also found it useful so I decided to upgrade it a little and here is the version 2.0!
What's new in version 2.0:
- friendlier user interface - it shows usage info
- new parameter /SMTP:SERVER- you can specify the SMTP server to use when sending email
- DOS error-code is returned upon program execution so WebSpy can be scripted in batch files
- mail is send from the same address you specify as a destination address
- source completely refactored
- I have written some NUnit and mbUnit unit tests and checked unit tests code coverage with NCover
If you find a bug, have a suggestion or any kind of comment, please let me know.