I bought a Leadtek TV2000 XP Expert TV tuner card a month ago so I can watch football or some other sport with one eye while working on computer and Mojca can still watch the TV at time same. Since then TV related arguments dropped to zero flat in a moment. Fantastic buy!
From day one I was trying out different TV and HTPC programs in a quest to find the best one. There are really a lot, with totally different feature sets. I was looking for a fast and stable TV tuner with recording capabilities with time shifting, with teletext option, build in TV guide and - the tricky one it turned out - one that was capable of working on my secondary monitor.
The software that came bundled with the card satisfied all criteria except the last one. The program crashed if I dragged TV window to other monitor. Temporary solution was to switch primary and secondary displays, but that's annoying since all windows appear of primary first and I had to drag it to secondary.
But today, finally I must say I got this baby working! The solution was very simple one, as it turned out, I just had to install OLDER drivers for the card. It's the only question in Leadtek FAQ for this card, but I was so concentrated on finding other program that I didn't even bother to check the FAQ.
I settled with the WinFast PVR since it does everything I need, except the TV guide (but I'm working on my own project to work this out, I'll write about it soon) but since I have it, this is the list of other software titles I tried (in no particular order):
- GB-PVR - free, C#, did not work for me
- GotAllMedia - free, crashed
- MediaPortal - open source, C#, did not work for me
- ChrisTV - shareware, looks cool, works ok
- TVTool97 - free, nVidia TV cards only
- Meedio - commercial, demo available, no TV support (yet)
- SageTV - commercial, didn't find the card
- Showshifter - commercial, didn't work
- CTpvr - free, didn't work
- BeyondTV3 - commercial, card not supported
- iuVCR - shareware, usefull for recording, clumsy for watching, doesn't work on secondary display
I'm sure I missed couple. As they are already removed from my hard drive they were not operational or plain ugly. HTPCNews.com has so more links.
Anyone else has this card? What's your experience? What software do you use?