I gave CMR04 a spin today. GameSpot didn't even review it, but viewers gave it 9.0. V-Rally 3 from 2002 has a 7.2 review and 8.0 from readers.
- Dolby Prologic II sound,
- UI design is very very cool,
- really analog acceleration and brake controls,
- special stages,
- hitting plastic fences doesn't stop you, you can drive through.
- hitting a block of hay or road sign at 150 km/h stops you on a spot (without car damage),
- just a few race cars,
- some strange road sections (weird tunnels),
- still no career mode as in V-Rally.
All in all after hour of play I think it's a great game. If you don't have PS2 rally game, go get it. I like V-Rally 3 a lot, but I think CMR04 just got in my top 5 PS2 game list!