Links are finally back! The reason for absence is not my new job, but rather unfortunate changes in two APIs I use for creating this posts.

I used “shared” items in Google Reader for software updates and Google just turned those off in favor of Google+. So for now, the software updates section is gone. I tried couple of things but nothing works as fast as my previous solution. Sorry for that, blame big G.

For links I use great service Delicious, which is also going through some changes and its API is broken. A URL that should return just posts from specified date onward started returning all posts overnight. I had to do some change in the code of my Windows Live Writer plugin in order to get right stuff into posts. Luckily I’m using Linq to XML for parsing and one line was all I needed.

Software Development

• Interactive Vim tutorial
  • Learn Web Design, Web Development, and iOS Development
  • ModelText HTML Edit Control for .NET - Managed HTML edit control for Windows Forms.

Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager

• Tools For FIM - FIMalyzer and RCDC Editor
  • How to: Create a Custom Logging Activity and Deploy it to the FIM Portal

Microsoft Biztalk Server

• Microsoft BizTalk Server seen by the programmer - What is BizTalk? Great article.
  • BizTalk 360 - Monitoring tool for BizTalk.
  • Cutting Cost with BizTalk Server - Check page 5 for BizTalk adoption data. Fascinating.
  • Summary of 64-bit support, operating systems and SQL Server versions supported by BizTalk Server

Microsoft Dynamics CRM

• CRM 2011 Client Diagnostics Tool for On Premise « MSCRM Bing'd
  • CRM 2011 Visual Ribbon Editor - Tool for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 that lets you edit CRM ribbons.
  • Deploying Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and CRM Online Solutions from Development through Test and Production Environments - This white paper explores deploying real-world Microsoft Dynamics CRM solutions across test and production environments in reliable and repeatable ways by using automation, together with some automation examples.
  • Free Utilities - Mitch Milam's free CRM tools and other bits
  • Solution Import for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 - New tool from Tanguy!

Windows Phone 7

• Screen Capturer v3 - Use Camera key to get screenshot.
  • What's new in Windows Phone 7.5

Books

• goodreads - Share Book Recommendations With Your Friends, Join Book Clubs, Answer Trivia

Kids

• Ian Knot = Ian's Fast Shoelace Knot - If you teach your kid to tie a lace, teach him this. I will.

Slovenia

• Balirka - Easy invocing for Slovenian companies. Great!

Software

• MarkdownPad - The Markdown editor for Windows
  • Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 10:20 PM | Filed under: Links of the week |

# re: Links of the week #163 11/10/2011 1:56 PM Alvin Ashcraft
    If you want to grab stuff from Google Reader, you can make your Starred Items feed public in Reader's settings and grab that feed. That's what I use to build my Dew Drop posts.

# re: Links of the week #163 11/10/2011 2:21 PM David
    Alvin, thanks for the tip.

I tried that but I had tons of problems. I use two Google logins at the same time, but the feed only worked for the first one - the default one. If I specified specific user, error greated me. I gave up... :(

# re: Links of the week #163 11/10/2011 3:49 PM Jernej
    Except they also removed the option to turn tag/starred item feeds public. So if they weren't public before the change you're screwed.

I'm probably migrating to hivemined when it goes live. Google likely lost me.

# re: Links of the week #163 11/10/2011 4:39 PM David
    Exactly, Jernej. I couldn't find that either.

Thanks for pointing to hivemind, looking forward to it.

# re: Links of the week #163 11/13/2011 3:31 PM PeterK
    Od tvojega posta čevljev sploh še nisem zavezal po starem. In tudi ne kaže, da bi jih še kdaj.

# re: Links of the week #163 11/13/2011 4:13 PM David
    Jaz sem se to naučil pred enimi desetimi leti od tabornikov. Še vedno moram zavestno naredil "narobe" prvo zanko, da je rezultat pravi. Če te eden v štartu nauči to pravilno, prihraniš ful časa v življenju. :)

# re: Links of the week #163 11/14/2011 6:04 PM PeterK
    Definitivno :). Hecno, ker po slikah niti ne zgleda tako enostavno (itak, kateri vozel pa), ampak potem z videom je pa čista zmaga.

# re: Links of the week #163 2/10/2012 4:00 PM yacht Italy
    Thank you for the update. Maybe you should post again. It is a good news.

# re: Links of the week #163 2/11/2012 10:58 AM Metoclopramide Side Effects
    The way you describe the whole thing is simple and understandable

# re: Links of the week #163 2/14/2012 12:29 PM traffic tickets
    you have so many links in the above article. It will pass a good period of time until I will browse all of them.

# re: Links of the week #163 2/23/2012 2:24 PM Aeronaves
    So if they weren't public before the change you're screwed.