Google quietly added Google maps for non-US world. Slovenia is also there! Not in very high resolution, but still very interesting.

Some places, like Scotland, Iceland, Kuwait are in hi-res. Thanks, Google! Can we, please, get the regular maps also?

Loška dolina

Via the amazing Google Sightseeing.

Update: Jonas found parts of Slovenia that are hi-res. For example Piran. Hi-res / Low-res border is very obvious. The brown-ish parts of Europe are hi-res.

Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 12:01 PM | Filed under: Internet |

# re: Google Maps for Slovenia 6/21/2005 9:10 PM Bo
Perhaps Google is quite becaouse it's not all high-resolution yet?

It is totally, freakingly fantastic! I hope our mountains go high-res soon ("Mountaints, I want to see the mountaints!" -- Bilbo ;)) and that clouds too will disappear.

This are actually wet dreams come true for my hiking, as e.g. here: http://prelazimo-slovenijo.blogspot.com/2005/06/gpsbg.html.

Funny! "Behold!! The Pyramids at Giza!!!"
(-- from amazing Google Sightseeing.)

# re: Google Maps for Slovenia 7/11/2005 12:57 PM Ales
I think google made poopoo in slovenija. I think they missed a quadrant when scanning Ljubljana. It would seem logical to have hi-res photos of ljubljana but no such luck. However, if you look at the adjacent qudrant, it's in hi res and it's actually primarily woods. hmmm.. can't wait for street level maps of ljubljana.

# re: Google Maps for Slovenia 7/12/2005 1:51 PM David
Yes, it sure looks like that. Part of Domžale are in hi-res, though, not just woods! ;)

# re: Google Maps for Slovenia 1/25/2012 6:56 AM Prilosec dosage
The picture look so green .The place may have lots of forestation.I like the post a lot.

# re: Google Maps for Slovenia 2/5/2012 11:59 AM halcion
It would seem logical to have hi-res photos of ljubljana but no such luck. However, if you look at the adjacent qudrant, it's in hi res and it's actually primarily woods. hmmm. The place may have lots of forestation.I like the post a lot.

# re: Google Maps for Slovenia 2/11/2012 11:14 AM nephrogenic systemic fibrosis
It would seem logical to have hi-res photos of ljubljana but no such luck. However, if you look at the adjacent qudrant, it's in hi res and it's actually primarily woods. hmmm.However, if you look at the adjacent qudrant, it's in hi res and it's actually primarily woods. hmmm. The place may have lots of forestation.I like the post a lot.

# re: Google Maps for Slovenia 2/15/2012 4:30 PM side effects of omeprazole
However, if you look at the adjacent qudrant, it's in hi res and it's actually primarily woods. hmmm. The place may have lots of forestation.I like the post a lot. it's actually primarily woods. hmmm.. can't wait for street level maps of ljubljana.